Cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) is the most detailed and informative method of research, which allows to obtain three-dimensional images of dentofacial system. Dental computed tomography is carried out using a special cone-beam scanner. Such equipment can receive data with high accuracy. The current equipment characterized by low radiation dose – in comparison with a spiral tomography. The level of radiation doze carried out by means of (CBCT) will be significantly lower. Computed tomography is a method of study of three-dimensional dentofacial system.
Cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) is the method of obtaining a three-dimensional display with the possibility of further study on the computer screen the patient’s anatomical area. Computed tomography in dentistry is performed using a special scanner, equipped with a highly sensitive sensor. Computer tomography method allows the information from the maxillofacial region enters during rotation around the patient tomograph (at 180-360 degrees). Rigth at this time it creates a three-dimensional image of dentition. Once it took a series of shots in different projections, the information obtained is processed by computer, and the computer program builds a three-dimensional image for the analysis of the clinical diagnosis. Results of the research appear in the form of a CT scan. Patient’s study lasts about 20 seconds, and during this time is carried out to obtain all the necessary information about the area of insert.
The program has an interactive system of coordinates and a set of certain virtual tools, it allows to explore the resulting volume at any angle and in any plane of interest, as well as – to receive slices with a thickness of one-tenth of a millimeter, to determine the density of tissue, make measurements of anatomical structures or lesions.
three-dimensional research method using cone beam tomography reveals the shape, position, size and structure of the different structures of dental system – with high accuracy of the data. Traditional research methods do not allow diagnosis at this level. Thus, the computed tomography in dentistry is the main tool of modern diagnostics.
1. position misplaced teeth;
2. detect anomalies in the development and position of the teeth and jaws;
3. identify additional or crooked tooth roots;
4. find additional root canals, damage or injury of teeth and jaws, to identify foreign bodies;
5. perform an accurate assessment of the dentofacial system: renders resorption lesions anatomy of root canals before and after endodontic treatment;
6. perform an accurate study of the size of the alveolar process of the lower and upper jaw before planned implantation or sinus lift procedure;
7. implement the provisions of the postoperative control implants;
8. to conduct research positions impacted teeth;
9. to render the temporo-mandibular joint, to conduct a study of the temporal bone and the inner ear;
10. to make a diagnosis of post-traumatic changes of the facial bones of the skull;
11. assess the condition of the paranasal sinuses;
12. to conduct a study of the nasal bones and the facial skeleton before the plastic surgery.
Using a number of additional programs, you can also perform virtual surgical procedures, setting artificial teeth (all on 4 systems) and implants, to predict the results of orthodontic treatment.
By means of computer tomography the research not only in the field of dento-facial system, but also the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, temporomandibular joints, inner ear, the cervical vertebrae can be conducted.
If you are planning affordable dental trip from home land to other country for installation of all on 4 system, implants to reduce the costs of dental care in your native country. The cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) should be done, and its results have to be sent to the dental clinic of which country you are heading. It’s a must! Without Computer Tomography is not impossible to see your current jaws, teeth conditions, and estimate the right costs of the whole low costs dental treatment.
Sending your X-rays to the dental clinic helps local doctors closely work on subsequent research and analysis of the X-rays. Be sure that this process is conducted by experienced radiologist who have undergone special training, and willing to help you to fix your dental issues.